Media and the British Empire Paperback / softback
Edited by Chandrika Kaul
Part of the Palgrave Studies in the History of the Media series
'The only true history of a country', wrote Thomas Macaulay, 'is to be found in its newspapers'.
This book explores how the media shaped and defined the economic, social, political and cultural dynamics of the British Empire by viewing it from the perspective of the colonised as well as the colonisers.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 266 pages, XV, 266 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 28/03/2006
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781137358318