A sumptuously illustrated book which traces the life and work of Gianlorenzo Bernini. Covering his entire career from his brilliant beginnings to his last mature works, paying particular attention to his techniques in drawing, modelling and carving. Also considers his relationship with patrons and his reputation as an artist through the centuries.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 288 pages, 142 Halftones, duotone; 178 Illustrations, black and white; 80 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 23/10/2006
- Category: Art & design styles: Baroque
- ISBN: 9780500286333