The Lioness Roared : The Problems of Female Rule in English History Paperback / softback
by Charles Beem
Part of the Queenship and Power series
Charles Beem uses Gender Studies and political and constitutional History to examine the problems faced by female rulers throughout British history, from the twelfth century Empress Matilda's imaginative efforts to become England's first regnant queen, to Queen Victoria's remarkable exercise of political power during the Bedchamber Crisis of 1839.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 272 pages, VIII, 272 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/07/2008
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230606340
- Hardback from £61.05