'What will you do?' 'Oh, hell, I'll write a novel about writing the screenplay and making the movie.' 'What are you going to call it?' 'Hollywood.' Henry Chinaski has a penchant for booze, women and horse-racing.
On his precarious journey from poet to screenwriter he encounters a host of well-known stars and lays bare the absurdity and egotism of the film industry.
Poetic, sharp and dangerous, Hollywood - Bukowski's fictionalisation of his experiences making the film Barfly - explores the many dark shadows to be found in the neon-soaked glare of Hollywood's limelight.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 288 pages
- Publisher: Canongate Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 04/07/2019
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9781786891679
- Paperback / softback from £7.75
- EPUB from £5.99