One of Dickens's most renowned and enjoyable novels, Great Expectations tells the story of Pip, an orphan boy who wishes to transcend his humble origins and finds himself unexpectedly given the opportunity to live a life of wealth and respectability.
Over the course of the tale, in which Pip encounters such famous characters as Miss Havisham, Herbert Pocket and Joe Gargery, he comes to realise that his money is tainted and the girl he loves will not return his affections; happiness must be found in the things he gave up in pursuit of a more sophisticated life.
Illustrated by various artists, with an Afterword by David Pinching.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 640 pages, black & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Publisher: Pan Macmillan
- Publication Date: 01/09/2003
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9781904633075
- Hardback from £6.39
- Paperback from £2.50
- CD-Audio from £11.05
- Mixed media product from £12.68
- Leather / fine binding from £13.65
Free Home Delivery
on all orders
Pick up orders
from local bookshops