The Politics of Wine in Britain : A New Cultural History Hardback
A unique look at the meaning of the taste for wine in Britain, from the establishment of a Commonwealth in 1649 to the Commercial Treaty between Britain and France in 1860 - this book provides an extraordinary window into the politics and culture of England and Scotland just as they were becoming the powerful British state.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 354 pages, 66 Illustrations, black and white; XVII, 354 p. 66 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/01/2013
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230238657
- Paperback / softback from £18.09