In Our Image and Likeness : Humanity and Divinity in Italian Humanist Thought Hardback
In this massive, meticulously researched work Trinkaus makes a major contribution to our understanding of the Italian humanists and the Christian Renaissance in Italy. . . . The author argues persuasively that the Italian humanists drew their inspiration more from the church fathers than from the pagan ancients . . . the most comprehensive and most important study of Italian humanism to appear in English.
It is a mine of information, offering, among other things, detailed analyses of texts which have been ignored even by Italian scholars.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 1024 pages, 9 Illustrations
- Publisher: University of Notre Dame Press
- Publication Date: 15/03/2017
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780268189501
- Paperback / softback from £29.79