Playing with Picturebooks : Postmodernism and the Postmodernesque Hardback
by Cherie Allan
Part of the Critical Approaches to Children's Literature series
Offers new insights into the continuing influence of postmodernism on a wide range of international picture books for children published between 1963 and 2008.
Its chapters include metafiction; disruption to narrative conventions; interrogation of 'truths'; historiographic metafiction; difference and ex-centricity; globalisation and media.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 201 pages, X, 201 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 10/10/2012
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780230319493
- Paperback / softback from £49.39