The Contested Nation : Ethnicity, Class, Religion and Gender in National Histories Paperback / softback
Edited by Chris Lorenz, Stefan Berger
Part of the Writing the Nation series
This volume asks which national histories underpinned which national identity constructions in almost every nation state in Europe during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
It explores the construction of national identities through history writing and analyses their interrelationship with histories of ethnicity/race, class and religion.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 634 pages, XXII, 634 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/10/2008
- Category: History: theory & methods
- ISBN: 9780230300514