The Book of the Poppy Paperback / softback
by Chris McNab
The Remembrance Poppy is a haunting reminder of the ultimate cost of war.
Worn by millions around the world every year, the Poppy compels us to remember war's dead, wounded and bereaved, regardless of nationality or conflict.
As we reflect on the centenary of the First World War, this book charts the history of the Remembrance Poppy, from its origins in the battle-tortured landscape of Flanders in 1915 to its enduring relevance in the present day.
It sets the Poppy in its context of tragedy and sacrifice, always acknowledging that our war dead are gone, but not forgotten.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, 100 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/08/2018
- Category: Military history
- ISBN: 9780750982481