Corporate Control and Enterprise Reform in China : An Econometric Analysis of Block Share Trades Hardback
Part of the Contributions to Economics series
This intriguing study sheds light on the efficiency of corporate control allocation in Chinese listed firms.
Using a panel data set for the period 1996 to 2006, it examines the frequency, causes and consequences of changes in corporate control.
The results indicate that poorly performing firms are the predominant targets of control changes.
The findings provide insights into the motives and constraints of the key players involved in governance practices in China.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 115 pages, 23 Tables, black and white; XI, 115 p.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 10/12/2007
- Category: Development economics
- ISBN: 9783790820195
- PDF from £93.08
- Paperback / softback from £91.59