Medieval German Armies, 1000-1300 Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Graham Turner
Part of the Men-at-Arms series
A history of the early medieval German Armies from the fragmentation of Charlemagne's Frankish Empire to the rise of the German, or Holy Roman Empire.
This text looks in detail at the period of the Saxon wars and the Crusades including the rise of the Teutonic Knights.
From the religious and political strife that rocked Germany in the early 11th century to civil war, campaigns in Italy and Henry IV's brief capture of Rome, and the successes of the Teutonic Knights and the Ministeriales - the serf-knights.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 48 pages, 8 colour and 50 b&w illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 15/11/1997
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781855326576