This book provides a thorough introduction to the War of American Independence.
Told with great authority and clarity the book describes and details the effects of each notable event from 1770 to 1781.
The book examines each of the major battles and skirmishes but does not get bogged down in deep analysis of battle formations and strategies.
Instead the book concentrates on the war as a whole and its political and ecomonic impacts on Britain and America and consequently how each commander's startegy was affected.
The book is littered with anecdotes to give the reader a clearer understanding of how the war affected the lives of those involved.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 400 pages, 8 black and white and 8 colour
- Publisher: Pen & Sword Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 17/01/2008
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9781844156993
- Paperback from £17.19