Transnational Civil Society and the World Bank : Investigating Civil Society's Potential to Democratize Global Governance Hardback
Part of the Interest Groups, Advocacy and Democracy Series series
Transnational civil society is often seen as an important contributor to the democratization of global governance.
In their engagement with the World Bank, however, transnational civil society organizations prioritize pre-existing mission over responsiveness to claimed stakeholders and undercut the authority of developing country governments.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 196 pages, IX, 196 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 08/11/2013
- Category: Aid & relief programmes
- ISBN: 9781137277602
- Paperback / softback from £50.59