Britain and Ireland's Best Wild Places : 500 Essential Journeys Paperback / softback
Storm-battered headlands, hidden waterfalls, tumbledown cottages, the ruins of haunted chapels deep in forgotten woods, medieval Green Men, old mines and quarries being recaptured by nature, rusting sea-forts tottering on sandbanks ... Britain and Ireland are full of wild places, some remote, many often astonishingly close to home.
Christopher Somerville has travelled through fields and green lanes, in forests and mountains and on lonely coasts, seeking out his favourite 500 untamed treasures.
This book will show you how everyone can discover a piece of the wild for themselves.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 544 pages, Colour throughout, c.150 plus maps
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 04/05/2011
- Category: Travel & holiday guides
- ISBN: 9780141029221