The Production of Seriousness : The Metaphysics of Economic Reason Hardback
This book is about the roots of managerial rationality.
A theoretical base, founded on the concept of 'memetics' is developed in order to explain human thinking and human reason as products of cultural evolution.
Cultural change and development are explained by simple, value-driven memetic mechanisms like 'ritualization' and 'extremization'.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 219 pages, IX, 219 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/11/2011
- Category: Organizational theory & behaviour
- ISBN: 9780230354883
- Paperback / softback from £65.95