This title includes gorgeous photos, clear illustrations & concise language make this the most complete couture-sewing course available.
Fashion historian Claire B. Shaeffer has opened the door to the exclusive realm of haute couture in her authoritative guide to the techniques that define couture sewing. And now, the industry bible, "Couture Sewing Techniques", has been revised and updated with new photos and a chapter on specialty fabrics.
No one can unravel couture garment construction the way Schaeffer can, from the art of hand sewing to mastering edge finishes, from classic closures to shaping a garment for a perfect fit.
Sewers of all skill levels with an interest in fashion sewing will learn the basics for skirts and sleeves, pockets and jackets, evening gowns and more, as well as, most importantly, how to apply the techniques.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 240 pages, full colour throughout, 275 illustrations, 200 photographs
- Publisher: Taunton Press Inc
- Publication Date: 24/05/2011
- Category: Needlework & fabric crafts
- ISBN: 9781600853357
- Paperback / softback from £18.79