Sacred Iconographies in Chicana Cultural Productions Hardback
Part of the Comparative Feminist Studies series
This book examines the iconography of the Virgin of Guadalupe as a force for social justice and feminist emancipation within Chicana cultural productions from 1975-2010.
In these productions the Virgin serves as a paradigm to unlock the histories of conquest and colonization, racism, and sexual oppression in the US-Mexico borderland and beyond.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 192 pages, 9 Illustrations, black and white; XVI, 192 p. 9 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 13/02/2013
- Category: Literary studies: post-colonial literature
- ISBN: 9780230340008
- Paperback / softback from £54.09