The Novelist and the Archivist : Fiction and History in Alessandro Manzoni's The Betrothed Hardback
Part of the Early Modern History: Society and Culture series
In the 19th century, Alessandro Manzoni dedicated himself to writing the novel I promessi sposi that encouraged the Italian Risorgimento.
This book traces how the renowned novelist was inspired by an event that occurred at the beginning of the 17th century, which he came to know about thanks to the secret collaboration of a Venetian archivist.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 131 pages, VIII, 131 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 03/10/2014
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9781137395986
- Paperback / softback from £37.39