Male Homosexuality in West Germany : Between Persecution and Freedom, 1945-69 Hardback
Part of the Genders and Sexualities in History series
Whisnant argues that the period after Nazism was more important for the history of homosexuality in Germany than is generally recognized.
Gay scenes resurfaced; a more masculine view of homosexuality also became prominent.
Above all, a public debate about homosexuality emerged, constituting a critical debate within the Sexual Revolution.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 262 pages, XII, 262 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 22/05/2012
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9780230355002
- PDF from £53.54
- Paperback / softback from £55.79