The Math Book : From Pythagoras to the 57th Dimension, 250 Milestones in the History of Mathematics Paperback / softback
This is an accessible, fascinating book that unravels the mysteries and beauty of mathematics.
It covers 250 milestones in mathematical history. This paperback version of the bestselling title includes facts about scientists' lives and real-world applications of the theorems.
Maths' infinite mysteries and beauty unfold in this fascinating book.
Beginning millions of years ago with ancient "ant odometers" and moving through time to our modern-day quest for new dimensions, it covers 250 milestones in mathematical history.
Among the numerous delights readers will learn about in this inviting anthology include: cicada-generated prime numbers, magic squares from centuries ago, the discovery of pi and calculus and the butterfly effect.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 528 pages, full colour illustrations throughout, includes photographs, 250 illustrations
- Publisher: Sterling Publishing Co Inc
- Publication Date: 19/01/2012
- Category: Popular science
- ISBN: 9781402788291