Spies and Spying Part-work (fasciculo)
From Cardinal Richelieu's tireless espionage in the 17th century to the anti-terrorist groups of today, this book is sure to intrigue young readers and future spies! Find out about famous spies, the history of national spy agencies (including the CIA, MI5 and MI6, the KGB and the Stasi), how spies are trained, spy-rings and the tools and techniques of spying.
Special 'case studies' investigate particularly significant events, such as deciphering the Enigma code in World War II and the Cuban Missile Crises during the Cold War.
Other special features look at the way that spies have been depicted in fiction and on screen.
If you liked this book, you will love: Great Explorers, Archaeology Detectives and Science Detectives.
- Format: Part-work (fasciculo)
- Pages: 128 pages, in full colour throughout
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Publication Date: 03/06/2010
- Category: History & the past: general interest (Children's/YA)
- ISBN: 9780199119738