The Regal Theater and Black Culture Paperback / softback
Chronicling over forty years of changes in African-American popular culture, the Regal Theatre (1928-1968) was the largest movie-stage-show venue ever constructed for a Black community.
Semmes reveals the political, economic and business realities of cultural production and the institutional inequalities that circumscribed Black life.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 294 pages, VII, 294 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 04/04/2011
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9780230113152
- Paperback / softback from £21.55
- Hardback from £52.09