Canning and Preserving All-in-One For Dummies PDF
Everything you need to can, preserve, and put up your own food
Amid an increasing focus on locally sourced whole foods, preserving, rather than preservatives, is enjoying a comeback. With 300 delicious recipes, Canning and Preserving All-In-One For Dummies gives you a single, comprehensive resource on all aspects of putting up your own food; the equipment and ingredients you'll need; and the different techniques such as smoking, drying, curing, pickling, juicing, and root cellaring that you'll explore.
Canning and Preserving All-in-One For Dummies is a perfect guide for home cooks looking to learn how to can and preserve their own food, covering preparation times, cooking times, processing times, and the yield you should expect from your efforts, as well as the newest equipment needed to create and store your own healthy foods.
- Features 300 recipes
- Covers canning fruits, vegetables, meats, and seafood
- Includes jams, jellies, butters, condiments, relishes, salsas, and chutneys
- Provides information on all types of food storage, including pickling, curing, juicing, and root cellars
Whether you're new to canning and preserving or are just looking to expand your repertoire with the great new recipes contained in this book, Canning and Preserving All-in-One For Dummies gives you everything you need to save money and live healthier.
- Format: PDF
- Pages: 704 pages
- Publisher: Wiley
- Publication Date: 07/09/2011
- Category: Preserving & freezing
- ISBN: 9781118172018
- Paperback / softback from £14.95
- EPUB from £12.99