The Comprehensive Public High School : Historical Perspectives Paperback / softback
Edited by Geoffrey Sherington, Craig Campbell
Part of the Secondary Education in a Changing World series
This book traces the decline of the public comprehensive high school.
New educational markets emphasized school diversity and parental choice rather than social equity through common schooling, and they were criticized for declining standards.
The book also considers government education policies and their regional manifestations.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 207 pages, XIII, 207 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/02/2013
- Category: Organization & management of education
- ISBN: 9781137033741