Classroom Assessment : A Practical Guide for Educators Paperback / softback
* Provides detailed information on* the functions of assessment;* how to construct, administer, and interpret the results of teacher-developed assessment techniques; and* how to interpret the results of externally developed instruments such as standardized tests. * Both traditional and newer, alternative assessment techniques are covered. * Advantages and disadvantages of each assessment technique are discussed. * A companion website helps both instructors and students obtain additional information on topics of special interest to them. * Numerous examples of the principles and procedures make it easy for students to understand the material. * The highly practical nature of this book stems from the focus on how assessment intertwines with other everyday activities in classrooms. * Measurement theory and computational procedures that are unlikely to be used by classroom teachers are de-emphasized, producing a textbook that provides comprehensive coverage without being unnecessarily technical.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 338 pages
- Publisher: Pyrczak Publishing
- Publication Date: 01/01/2003
- Category: Examinations & assessment
- ISBN: 9781884585494