Chawton House Library Paperback / softback
Set in the quintessentially English manor house that once belonged to Jane Austen's brother Edward, Chawton House Library is an internationally respected research and learning centre for the study of women's writing from 1600 to 1820.
Visitors can wander around the beautiful gardens - hazy with bees and pollen in the summer - and explore the house; they may access the unique collection of women's writing to study the history of women's penmanship or explore the fascinating, flawlessly restored house.
This book will be a valuable guide, providing an historical tour of the house, including information about the portraits on display and rare books from the collection.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 48 pages, 60 colour
- Publisher: Scala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd
- Publication Date: 28/09/2016
- Category: Exhibition catalogues & specific collections
- ISBN: 9781785510366