Romance on the Early Modern Stage : English Expansion Before and After Shakespeare Hardback
What is dramatic romance? Scholars have long turned to Shakespeare's biography to answer this question, marking his 'late plays' as the beginning and end of the dramatic romance.
This book identifies an earlier history for this genre, revealing how stage romances imaginatively expanded audience interest in England's emerging global economy.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 251 pages, X, 251 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 15/08/2013
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9781137322708
- Paperback / softback from £48.95