New Winchelsea Sussex : A Medieval Port Town Paperback / softback
Contents: The Origins of Winchelsea; The development of Winchelsea and its maritime economy; A fight for survival: The sixteenth century and beyond; The town's historic infrastructure; The defences; Government and the municipal buildings; Ecclesiastical buildings and hospitals; The Burgage plots; The Winchelsea cellars; Domestic buildings, layout and design; Medieval and 'transitional' domestic buildings - materials and construction; Waste disposal; Trade and status - an archaeological perspective.
With contributions by Jill Eddison, David Rudling and David Sylvester.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 222 pages, b/w pls, maps
- Publisher: Heritage Marketing & Publications Ltd
- Publication Date: 31/12/2004
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780954445652