The Empire of Progress : West Africans, Indians, and Britons at the British Empire Exhibition, 1924-25 Hardback
by D. Stephen
This much-needed study of the British Empire Exhibition reveals durable, persistent connections between empire and domestic society in Britain during the interwar years.
It demonstrates that the Exhibition was a marker of how by 1924, imperial relations were increasingly likely to be shaped by forces located on the colonial periphery.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 194 pages, 6 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 194 p. 6 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/09/2013
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781137325112
- PDF from £45.04
- Paperback / softback from £47.29