Responses to Nazism in Britain, 1933-1939 : Before War and Holocaust Paperback / softback
by D. Stone
This book examines the large and previously-neglected body of literature on Nazism that was produced in the years 1933-1939.
Shifting attention away from high politics or appeasement, it reveals that a remarkably wide range of responses was available to the reading public.
From sophisticated philosophical analyzes of Nazism to pro-Nazi apologies, the book shows how Nazism informed debates over culture and politics in Britain, and how before the war and the Holocaust made Nazism anathema it was often discussed in ways that seem surprising today.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 269 pages, XV, 269 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 09/09/2003
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781137022455
- PDF from £18.70
- Hardback from £93.85
- Paperback / softback from £52.95