Coleridge and the Nature of Imagination : Evolution, Engagement with the World, and Poetry Hardback
by D. Ward
Examining a range of Coleridge's writings, this book uses recent scientific research to understand how we have evolved to make mental representations of the counterfactual, how such transformative essays in Imagination have enabled humans to survive, to prosper and to express themselves in the sciences, the arts and particularly in poetry.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 264 pages, IX, 264 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 14/11/2013
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9781137362612
- Paperback / softback from £45.85
- PDF from £67.58