What is Fauvism? Which event inspired Picasso's Guernica? Who connects Andy Warhol and David Hockney? This comprehensive volume answers all these and more.
In a grand timeline of art, it explains how one movement influenced the next, discusses influential painters, sculptors, and artists, and showcases 80 of the world's greatest artworks. Throughout history, art has taken many forms and offers a kaleidoscopic variety of expression.
With The Art Book as your companion, you can browse the world's most important artworks, from prehistoric Altamira cave paintings to pop art and avant-garde video installations.
You can observe artistic inspiration evolving from religious themes in the Middle Ages to abstract shapes and colour in the 20th century and understand the ideas that inspired masterpieces by Botticelli, Rembrandt, Klimt, Matisse, Kahlo, and many more.
Annotations draw attention to key details of masterpieces, and diagrams offer succinct explanations of art forms and help you contrast techniques of painters such as Cezanne and van Gogh.
With insightful quotations and detailed timelines, The Art Book is a thought-provoking and essential reference for students and art-lovers everywhere.
In Stock - usually despatched within 48 hours
- Pages:352 pages
- Publisher:Dorling Kindersley Ltd
- Publication Date:01/03/2017
- History of art / art & design styles
- Ancient & classical art,BCE to c 500 CE
- Byzantine & Medieval art c 500 CE to c 1400
- History of art & design styles: c 1400 to c 1600
- History of art & design styles: c 1600 to c 1800
- History of art & design styles: c 1800 to c 1900
- History of art & design styles: from c 1900 -