Thinking Small : The United States and the Lure of Community Development Paperback / softback
Daniel Immerwahr tells how the United States sought to rescue the world from poverty through small-scale, community-based approaches.
He also sounds a warning: such strategies, now again in vogue, have been tried before, alongside grander moderization schemes with often disastrous consequences as self-help gave way to crushing local oppression.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 272 pages, 14 halftones, 1 table
- Publisher: Harvard University Press
- Publication Date: 23/02/2018
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9780674984127
- Hardback from £24.25
- EPUB from £20.76