Christian Memories of the Maccabean Martyrs Hardback
This book examines texts and materials, ranging from the eastern Mediterranean to northwestern Europe, related to the Maccabean martyrs.
Joslyn-Siemiatkoski demonstrates that Christian thinkers constructed memories of the Maccabean martyrs that simultaneously appropriated Jewish traditions and obscured the Jewish origins of Christianity.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 251 pages, XII, 251 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 13/10/2009
- Category: History of religion
- ISBN: 9780230602793
- Paperback / softback from £60.05