Atlas of Galactic Neutral Hydrogen Paperback / softback
This 1997 text contains maps showing the distribution of emission from atomic hydrogen, the principal interstellar medium in the Milky Way, as measured over a 5-year period using the 25-metre radio telescope of the Netherlands Foundation for Research in Astronomy.
Displayed in several projections, each map corresponds to a particular velocity interval; separation by velocity roughly corresponds to separation by distance, or by energetics.
The Leiden/Dwingeloo survey covers the entire sky above declination -30O, on a half-degree grid, over a velocity range of 1000 km/s at 1 km/s resolution.
The limiting brightness temperature sensitivity is <0.07 K.
A CD-ROM accompanies the Atlas, and contains the entire dataset of the Leiden/Dwingeloo survey in computer-readable form.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 248 pages, Worked examples or Exercises
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 29/03/2012
- Category: Astronomical observation: observatories, equipment & methods
- ISBN: 9780521283120