American Women's Ghost Stories in the Gilded Age Hardback
by Dara Downey
Part of the Palgrave Gothic series
This book shows just how closely late nineteenth-century American women's ghost stories engaged with objects such as photographs, mourning paraphernalia, wallpaper and humble domestic furniture.
Featuring uncanny tales from the big city to the small town and the empty prairie, it offers a new perspective on an old genre.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 209 pages, VIII, 209 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/09/2014
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9781137323972
- Paperback / softback from £49.85