The Making of Informal States : Statebuilding in Northern Cyprus and Transdniestria Hardback
Part of the Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies series
Using the cases of Northern Cyprus and Transdniestria, the author examines state-building as practiced by informal states.
Exploring symbolic and economic dimensions of state-building projects and using insights from political sociology, she investigates how they function under circumstances of non-recognition.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 208 pages, XIII, 208 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/03/2012
- Category: Constitution: government & the state
- ISBN: 9780230360594
- Paperback / softback from £50.59