Liddypool Birthplace of the Beatles is the first major book to concentrate solely on the Beatles and Liverpool, covering their rise from childhood in the 1940s and obscurity to their triumphant civic reception at Liverpool Town Hall on 10th July 1964, when the city said goodbye to the Fab Four, their favorite sons, and shared with the world the most famous quartet in the universe.
Bedford uses local knowledge and eyewitness testimony to chart every band member and name-change and lineup, from The Black Jacks to The Beatles: the story of the "Fab 27."
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 336 pages, 800 colour & mono + foldout map
- Publisher: Dalton Watson Fine Books
- Publication Date: 01/09/2011
- Category: Rock & Pop music
- ISBN: 9781854432483
- Hardback from £24.79