The Structure and Properties of Water Paperback / softback
Part of the Oxford Classic Texts in the Physical Sciences series
The authors have correlated many experimental observations and theoretical discussions from the scientific literature on water.
Topics covered include the water molecule and forces between water molecules; the thermodynamic properties of steam; the structures of the ices; the thermodynamic, electrical, spectroscopic, and transport properties of the ices and of liquid water; hydrogen bonding in ice and water; and models for liquid water.
The main emphasis of the bookis on relating the properties of ice and water to their structures.
Some background material in physical chemistry has been included in order to ensure that the material is accessible to readers in fields such as biology, biochemistry, and geology, as well as to chemists and physicists.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 310 pages, numerous line drawings, tables and mathematical examples
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Publication Date: 20/10/2005
- Category: Condensed matter physics (liquid state & solid state physics)
- ISBN: 9780198570264