David Levy's Guide to Observing and Discovering Comets Hardback
David Levy has held a lifelong passion for comets, and is one of the most successful comet discoverers in history.
In this book he describes the observing techniques that have been developed over the years - from visual observations and searching, to photography, through to electronic charge-coupled devices (CCDs).
He combines the history of comet hunting with the latest techniques, showing how our understanding of comets has evolved over time.
This practical handbook is suitable for amateur astronomers, from those who are casually interested in comets and how to observe them, to those who want to begin and expand an observing program of their own.
Drawing widely from his own extensive experience, Levy describes how enthusiastic amateurs can observe comets and try to make new discoveries themselves.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 188 pages, 8 Plates, color; 25 Halftones, unspecified; 9 Line drawings, unspecified
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 15/05/2003
- Category: Astronomical observation: observatories, equipment & methods
- ISBN: 9780521826563
- Paperback / softback from £27.85