Secret Knowledge : Rediscovering the lost techniques of the Old Masters Paperback / softback
The book that turned the art world on its head, now with new and exciting discoveries. Hockney takes his thesis further, demonstrating how Renaissance artists used mirrors and lenses to develop perspective and chiaroscuro - radically challenging our view of how these two foundations of Western art were established.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 328 pages, 68 Illustrations, black and white; 442 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 07/09/2006
- Category: History of art / art & design styles
- ISBN: 9780500286388