Expedition to the Zambesi Hardback
Illustrated by Thomas Baines
Part of the Duckworth Discoverers series
Officially commissioned to explore the Zambezi river for mineral deposits and opportunities for trade, David Livingstone left England in 1858 and discovered an area whose sharp contrast between misery and natural beauty left him bewitched.
Outraged by the racial injustice he found during the eight year expedition, Livingstone wrote this account.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 624 pages, 35 illustrations
- Publisher: Duckworth Overlook
- Publication Date: 14/09/2001
- Category: Literary essays
- ISBN: 9780715630877
- Hardback from £25.09
- Paperback / softback from £18.45
- Paperback from £12.25