The American Family : From Obligation to Freedom Paperback / softback
Traces the movement from mutualism to individualism in the context of American family life.
Families survived or even flourished during colonization, Revolution, slavery, immigration and economic upheaval.
In the past century, prosperity created a culture devoted to pleasure and individual fulfilment.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 211 pages, IX, 211 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/11/2011
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9780230337459
- Hardback from £60.65
- PDF from £46.75