The Cinema of Eisenstein Paperback / softback
The Cinema of Eisenstein is David Bordwell's comprehensive analysis of the films of Sergei Eisenstein, arguably the key figure in the entire history of film.
The director of such classics as Potemkin, Ivan the Terrible, October, Strike, and Alexander Nevsky, Eisenstein theorized montage, presented Soviet realism to the world, and mastered the concept of film epic.
Comprehensive, authoritative, and illustrated throughout, this classic work deserves to be on the shelf of every serious student of cinema.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 344 pages, 326 Halftones, black and white; 326 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 09/06/2005
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780415973656