A Sea of Words Paperback / softback
by Dean King
A new edition of the classic companion to Patrick O'Brian's sea loving novels, updated to include the final novel in the series.
This comprehensive lexicon provides definitions of nautical terms, historical entries describing the people and political events that shaped the period, and detailed explanations of the scientific, medical, and biblical references that appear in the novels.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 512 pages, 62 b&w illustrations, 3 maps
- Publisher: Henry Holt & Company Inc
- Publication Date: 15/10/2000
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780805066159