Prisons, Punishment and the Pursuit of Security Paperback / softback
Part of the Critical Criminological Perspectives series
Drawing on research in men's long-term, maximum-security prisons, this book examines three interconnected problems: the tendency of the prison to obscure other social problems and conceal its own failings, the pursuit of greater levels of human security through repressive and violent means and the persistence of the belief in the problem of 'evil'.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 220 pages, X, 220 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 25/07/2012
- Category: Causes & prevention of crime
- ISBN: 9781137455109
- Hardback from £74.95
- Paperback / softback from £36.25