Listening : Processes, Functions, and Competency Paperback / softback
Listening: Processes, Functions, and Competency, Second Edition explores the role of listening as an essential element in human communication.
The book addresses listening as a cognitive process, as a social function, and as a critical professional competency.
Blending theory with practical application, Listening builds knowledge, insight, and skill to help the reader achieve the desired outcome of effective listening.
This second edition introduces listening as a goal-directed activity and has been expanded to include a new chapter addressing listening in mediated contexts.
Theory and research throughout the text have been updated, and the final chapter covers new research methodologies and contexts, including fMRI, aural architecture, and music.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 358 pages, 124 Line drawings, black and white; 24 Halftones, black and white; 10 Tables, black and w
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 09/01/2018
- Category: Listening skills
- ISBN: 9781138229501