Law as Symbolic Form : Ernst Cassirer and the Anthropocentric View of Law Hardback
by Deniz Coskun
Part of the Law and Philosophy Library series
This book describes the rule of law as the reign of persuasion rather than the reign of force, and democracy as the reign by persuasion rather than the reign by force.
It synthesizes a vast amount of current Cassirer-literature and makes a contribution to jurisprudence.
The book is the first systematic elaboration on law as a symbolic form and it sheds new light on a still dark area of intellectual and jurisprudential thought.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 386 pages, XII, 386 p.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 06/07/2007
- Category: Jurisprudence & general issues
- ISBN: 9781402062551
- PDF from £135.58
- Paperback / softback from £157.59