Step-Up to Medicine Paperback / softback
This bestselling volume in the popular Step-Up series provides a high-yield review of medicine, ideal for preparing for clerkships or clinical rotations, shelf exams, and the USMLE Step 2. Clinical pearls, full-color illustrations, and ';Quick Hits' provide essential information in an efficient, easy-to-remember manner, perfect for medical, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner students. Now enhanced with integrated instructor support,â€¯Step-Up to Medicine, Fifth Editionâ€¯delivers exactly what students need to knowboth for exam preparation and for practical use in the evaluation and treatment of patients.
- Updated and revised content reflects extensive research with faculty and students.
- Figures, charts, tables, graphs, and mnemonicsaid visual learners and facilitate retention of essential material.
- Enhanced high-yield outline format and Quick Hits save time and help students review more efficiently.
- 100-question practice examhelps students prepare for shelf and board.
- Succinct, outline approachkeeps ';extra' material to a minimum, focusing on the core content students need to know.
- Clinical pearlshelp students ';file away' clinical connections for handy retrieval at test time and aid in the transition from basic science to clinical medicine.
- Easy-to-follow algorithmsdemonstrate examples of effective clinical reasoning, particularly for similar complaints.
- Coverage includes every essential area of medicine,including body system diseases and disorders; fluids, electrolytes, and acid-base disorders; hematologic diseases and neoplasms; infectious diseases; diseases of the skin and hypersensitivity disorders; and ambulatory medicine.
- Helpful appendicescover radiographic and electrocardiogram interpretation, physical examination pearls, workup and management of common problems on the wards, basic statistics and evidence-based medicine, and end-of-life issues and informed consent.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 592 pages
- Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health
- Publication Date: 01/05/2019
- Category: Medicine: general issues
- ISBN: 9781975139025